Monday, July 30, 2007

Every Shoe, Every Color

So my daughter watches Hannah Montana. If you don't know what that is, allow me to explain: Billy Ray Cyrus (of Achy Breaky heart and mullett fame) had a child, and now she has a TV show where she's a rock star half the time, and a regular kid the rest of the time. And her dad is Billy Ray Cyrus. Except on the show, their last name is Stewart. Except when she's on stage. Then her last name is Montana. That's pretty much the gist of it.

The theme song is this poppy little number that encapsulates all this, and shows the excitement of being a rock star 50% of the time. Part of this, evidently, is being able to buy every shoe in every color. Now, while I usually disagree on principle with anything either a) on the Disney channel or b) associated with Billy Ray Cyrus, I must say I'm feeling Hannah Montana/Miley on this. Mostly because these little lovelies just walked into my life:


I ordered the black ones last week, and love, love, love them so much, that I'm ordering the brown ones tonight. Super cute, eh? Now, I'm not usually enticed to buy two different colors of the same shoe (one figures life is too short), but these are just lovely. And, even better....they were on final, final sale. Which means I got both pairs for what one pair would cost at regular price! Which makes me a smart, savvy shopper!

All of this basically alludes to the fact that now I'm going to have to start wearing heels again to work, even though it is the Land of Converse and Flop. So, stairs, students, and parents be damned, sexiness awaits!

1 comment:

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

bi-costal twins! Sorry you wiped out in them, they do take a bit to get used to. But far more comfy than their counterparts! :-) I bet you are one fine sassarina!