Thursday, October 11, 2007

Knockin' Boots

You think this post is going to be about sex don't you? He he. It's not, but it's about something almost as good....new boots! I got a coupon in the mail yesterday for PiperLime, so I figured now is as good a time as any to order these beauties.I have wanted a pair of riding boots for as long as I can remember. I wanted a pair in high school so much that my mom finally ordered me a pair for Christmas, only to find out that my legs were too big to fit into them. Blessed with the Scott family big legs I am! Even when I was a size 8, I couldn't fit my legs into a pair of boots. Interestingly, my mom, who is a size 4 on a fat day cannot fit her calves in boots either. We're cursed. I'm convinced generations of Scott women were rampant shin kickers thus garnering all kinds of bad leg karma and forcing my mom and me to accept a sad fate of chubby calves. At any rate, I ended up settling for a cute pair of city boots that I wore for the majority of my college career, but I never quite got away from my desire for a pair.

But it is the memory of trying to slide my chubby calves into my dream boots that one Christmas that keeps me from ordering these right now. See, I've been wanting to get these boots on Piperlime for 2 or 3 weeks now. And I haven't bought them. Even though the website promises me that they are extended calf and that I can get free shipping and returns on them, I'm gun shy. So I'm opening this up to you, my little cream puffs. How many of you ladies also are blessed with the hefty legs and have found awesome boots? Where did you get them? How hot are your legs in them? Does anyone have experience with Naturalizers specifically?

If I do end up ordering these, I'll post pictures of my hot legs in them, for better or worse. You either get to see me busting the zippers (WHOOPS!) or flaunting my cuteness. Either/or.

And if worse comes to worst, I can just write a post about REALLY knockin' boots. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge (and judging from the comments from the last post, you ladies know a few things about getting the men to the sack).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I am at the opposite ends of the spectrum. I've got really skinny calves and all boots are too big for me even at size 12!

Anonymous said...

You can have boots custom made to your calf size at duoboots.com. They have many cute styles including several varieties of riding boots.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem and Naturalizer boots work well. Their real leather boots stretch enough that even if they feel tight when you first zip them (or attempt to zip them) they will stetch out right away. Don't give up on finding good boots! I love wearing them with skirts and dresses in the winter.

Crafty Lulu said...

Torrid!! It's technically a plus-size store, but they have awesome accessories and their shoes run a bit wider with a larger calf than most other places. I bought a pair of motorcycle boots there a couple years ago that I still wear.

Anonymous said...

I used to ski a lot back in the days when I was a size 6, and even in my skinny little stretch ski pants I had to take along boot extenders to make the ski boots fit around the chunky calves. And not everyone knows this, but at age 30 I even resorted to ankle/calf liposuction. It was incredibly painful, though it did result in a bit smaller calves. Still, not enough that I didn't have to use the extenders! Basically, I don't even try on boots. Sure, I occasionally drool over a really cute pair, but I know it isn't happening.

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem and have wanted a pair of cool Frye strap boots forever. I came across a pair of Doc Martens completely by accident recently that were on sale for $100, totally cool, and the one pair left fit perfectly!! Of course I had to buy them...btw they are a british tan color but also come in black, called "biker boots" on their website but don't let that put you off, more like "bitchin' rock'n roll boots' so not dressy if that's what you're looking for, but they also don't have the usual DM clunky soles and heels either.