Monday, April 30, 2007

Gifting with Myself

I'll admit right off that I'm probably not at my best today, or rather, any day lately. I'm distracted, I'm kind of sad, and I'm not wearing any mascara. Therefore, I'm in prime position to want to unload lots of money in some sort of misguided attempt at retail therapy. That's why I'm spending a lot of time with my current best friends, Nordstrom and Sephora. It's sad--I'm not really indulging myself with anything right now, but if I were, oh, boy, if I were....I'd be buying one of these lovely gift sets from Sephora:
And yes, they are gift sets. And if I bought them, I would be buying them for myself. Not a gift. But it's a whole lot of stuff--in one box, for a reduced price! That's why, here and now, I am reclaiming the gift set. No more will it be used by husbands and out of town grandmothers who have no idea what you want for Christmas, and honestly, don't care that much or they would come up with something a little more original than a prepackaged gift set. No, now, it will be used only by the people who really appreciate it, people like me, who need something to get them through quarter life crises and messy kitchens. I need a gift set--the rings around my eyes scream for Smashbox, my pouty lips, chewed on lips beg for Bourjois.

God, now I'm pretty sure I'm going to plink down the cash for one of these things. Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if eBay permits you to market [url=http://www.ticketchoice.com.au]concert tickets[/url] on the net? Do you know if you will discover any restrictions depending on what country you're in?

My parents have just called me and asked if i could "get rid" of their two tickets to some concert as they wont be able to make it due to one more family event.

Besides asking buddies etc, i thought ebay would be a great location to sell them.

But whats ebay's policy on offering tickets? Ive heard alot about it within the news but ive forgotten what happened.

and if it matters, the concert is inside of this coming month

Thanks in advance for the advice.